Thomas E. Goodreid
Thomas E. Goodreid has been practicing law for 27 years at the federal, state, and local levels. His expertise includes civil and criminal litigation and representing small to medium-sized businesses.
During his career Mr. Goodreid has been involved in a wide variety of civil matters of both a commercial and a personal nature. He has assisted clients with business breakups, contract disputes, HOA disputes, and executive severance matters. Cases that he has litigated have involved commercial and personal real estate, civil fraud claims, invasion of privacy, and contraction of an infectious disease and mauling by pit bull. His clients are from all walks of life from teachers to truck drivers to doctors to senior management officials to private equity and publicly traded companies. He is also an approved attorney for LegalMatch, an online service that helps people find the right lawyer.
Mr. Goodreid’s experience includes:
- Federal Criminal Defense: Mr. Goodreid’s criminal defense practice is focused primarily in federal court. He has represented citizens of the United States and individuals who hail from other countries, including Mexico, Haiti, Indonesia, Iran, Greece, and Hungary. Mr. Goodreid has defended clients in white collar matters, involving allegations of mail fraud, wire fraud, securities fraud, false statements, conspiracy, and money laundering. He also has represented clients in cases involving narcotics and drug offenses, criminal immigration offenses, assault, postal theft, and bank robbery. Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Goodreid served as a Special Assistant United States Attorney in the Eastern District of Virginia.
- Business Law: Mr. Goodreid has represented, and continues to represent, small and medium sized businesses, including sole proprietorships, limited liability companies and both S and C corporations. Mr. Goodreid assists these clients with contract matters, employment disputes, lien issues, and, in some instances, with business breakups and other business law issues.
- Civil Litigation: Mr. Goodreid has represented plaintiffs and defendants in lawsuits involving commercial and personal real estate, civil fraud claims, invasion of privacy, and contraction of an infectious disease at a Colorado hotel.
Bar Memberships/ Professional Organizations:
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- Member of the Criminal Justice Act panel in the Federal District of Colorado
- Member of the Colorado Bar Association
- Duke University School of Law, J.D.
- Texas Tech University, B.A. summa cum laude
1801 Broadway, Suite 1400
Denver, CO 80202